CPC enews for July 1, 2016
We believe • that God has revealed himself as the one who wishes to bring about justice and true peace among people;
(Confession of Belhar, Sept. 1986)
CHURCH LIBRARY NEWS – The Central Presbyterian Library collection is now available online to anyone with an internet connection! Link to: https://www.librarycat.
Check out procedures and materials for the library are on the table next to the adult library shelves in fellowship hall. The CN Library Subcommittee hopes that this will simplify the process and encourage the use of the adult and children’s section of our tremendous library.
The Mission Committee thanks you for donating 289 pairs of underwear for the boys and girls of 14th and Chestnut Community Center. The Center was delighted to get the delivery.
MISSION GIVING – Non-perishable food items for the United Campus Ministries Food Pantry will be collected in July.
A SUMMER OF SERVICE AT CPC Try one or more of these intergenerational service opportunities and learn what local agencies & people are doing to help those in need in this community!
Sponsor: Your CPC Mission Committee. More information will be in Fellowship Hall on Sunday and how to sign-up. Or contact a coordinator.
- Habitat for Humanity House Build – July 9; 9am 2324 Arleth Street
Spend a day (or part of) helping on a home build project. Persons of all skills and abilities welcome. Coordinator: Sala Adama
- Meals on Wheels Ride Around – July 12; 10:30am – 12pm 300 S. 5th Street (Wabash Activity Center)
Ride with a veteran volunteer & learn how this program helps the elderly, disabled, sick & homebound. Coordinator: Nancy Edgerton
- Mollie Wheat Memorial Clinic – July 23; 8:30-1oam 1433 N. 6 ½ Street (Landsbaum Center)
See the free clinic in action and learn about how this important medical facility meets health needs. Coordinator: Josh Powers
Church Calendar for July 1-9, 2016
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
10:30 am Worship; Mr. Alan Harder (Holy Communion will be served next Sunday)
Church Office Closed
7:00 pm Women’s Book Club
9:00 am Habitat for Humanity Work Day
9:00 am 7th Cents Youth Group Habitat for Humanity Work Day
Dates for your planning calendar:
June 5 through August 7 – Summer Sunday School
July 19 – 23 Presbyterian Youth Triennium at Purdue Univ.
July 31 – 5th Sunday Carry-in lunch
August 7 Blessing of Backpacks
August 14 Sunday School Kick-off
August 28 Church Picnic
September 11 Holypalooza (Sept. 10 ServicePalooza)
November 4 & 5 Fall Bazaar
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Travis Rubey, Katie Salmeron, Michael Shaw 7/3; Jack Darke, Nancy McKee 7/4; Rachael Bayless, Cheryl Moles 7/5; Carol Cook, Megan Rader 7/8; Steve Templeton 7/9
REMINDERS FOR SUNDAY, JULY 3:
Liturgist: Joyce Cook
Children’s Moment: Steve Mead
Greeters: Bill & Brenda Green
Ushers: Bill & Brenda Green, Paul & Linda Shaw, Fred Rubey
Hosts: Paul & Linda Shaw
Session Open & Close: Linda Shaw, Valeri Kershaw
- The church website is: https://www.thcpc.org
- Office Phone: (812)232-5049
- Office e-mail: CPCOffice@thcpc.org
- Pastor –
- Parish Associate – Rev. Scott Paul-Bonham: email@example.com
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: email@example.com
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: email@example.com
- Facility information/concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Hope – Suzanne Downs: email@example.com
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org