CPC e-news for October 9, 2015
- The Bazaar Ladies invite all women to a Ladies’ Luncheon and Craft Day on October 31st at 10 am. Crafts for the Bazaar will be created followed by a salad luncheon at noon. Please bring your favorite salad to share and enjoy the fun and fellowship. Childcare will be provided.
- Volunteer workers are needed for the Fall Bazaar! Please sign up or see Donna Garrison.
- You may now bring gently used household items, books, puzzles and games for the Bazaar sale. Please leave them in fellowship hall.
The Sunday School offering for milk at 14th and Chestnut continues. Please give generously!
The Wednesday Crafters meet every Wednesday from 10 am to 2 pm. Bring a sack lunch and help with a variety of crafts for the fall Bazaar.
Lunch and Program by Christ and Haan families – We are all interested to hear about the sabbatical year that the Christ and Haan families had overseas. Their stories will be shared on Sunday, November 8 following a carry-in lunch. Please bring a dish to share. Table service and drinks will be provided. The Christ family was in Ulm, Germany and the Haan family in Beijing, China for the 2014-2015 school year. They will tell of their work and everyday adventures during the time.
Cemetery gravesites available. The church office has become aware of three gravesites in Roselawn Memorial Park that are available for purchase from a private seller. Contact Marcia McKibben: (812) 232-7207.
Audio recordings of sermons now available:
Did you miss a sermon? Oh no! But fret not, all is not lost; audio recordings of Lant’s and Scott’s sermons are now available on the church website, www.thcpc.org. All of the August sermons have been successfully added. There are also some (but not all) of the sermons from earlier in 2014 and 2015. To find them, either go to this link: https://www.thcpc.org/sermons/ or, from the church homepage, select “About Us” and then “Sermons” to see the list. (Sometimes you may need to click on “Browse Series” once you are on the “Sermons” page to see the most recent addition.) Sermon recordings should normally appear on the website the same afternoon they have been delivered.
Dates for your planning calendar:
October 20 – T3EM (Third Tuesday Evening Meetings) Supper & childcare
October 24 – Addressing special needs workshop 10am to noon
October 31 – Ladies luncheon and craft day
November 6 & 7 – Holiday Bazaar
November 8 – Carry-in lunch and program with the Christ and Haan families
Church Calendar for October 9 – 17, 2015
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
8:45 am Choir rehearsal
9:30 am Sunday School for all ages
10:30 am Worship
5:00 pm 7th Cents Youth Group at Centenary
Church office closed; Columbus Day
4:30 Nominating Committee meets
10:00 am Bazaar Crafters
11:15 am Church Staff meeting
7:00 pm Session meets
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Lance Weatherwax 10/9; Matt Collins, Lucille Merrill, Katherine Whitaker 10/10; Aidan Taken 10/12; Maxine Bough 10/13; Paul Foree, Emma Pennington 10/14; Jevy Lenderman 10/15; Susan Guell, Ezrina Seo 10/16; Scott Racop, Ricka Woodruff 10/17
Reminders for Sunday, October 11
Liturgist: Donna Wilson
Children’s Moment: Emily Haan
Greeters: Mike & Molly Wadsworth
Hosts: Murray & Eunice Pate
Session Open & Close: Beth Whitaker, Luanne Tilstra
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, October 11, 2015, the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
- First Reading Job 23:1-9, 16-17
- Psalm Psalm 22:1-15
- Second Reading Hebrews 4:12-16
- Gospel Mark 10:17-31
HOW TO REACH US:
- Pastor – Lant Davis: Lant@thcpc.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: Cheryl@thcpc.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: Sarah@thcpc.org
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: email@example.com
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interim Organist –
- Facility information/concerns – email@example.com
- Kids Hope – Suzanne Downs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) website: www.pcusa.org