CPC e-news for November 30, 2018
9:00 am CPR & AED Training
11:00 am Luncheon to welcome Linda Riggins
8:45 am Choir Rehearsal
9:30 am Sunday School for all ages
10:30 am Worship; 1st Sunday of Advent; Holy Communion
11:45 am Christmas Program rehearsal
5:00 pm 7th Cents Youth Group at CUMC
11:00 am Family Prayer Group
7:00 pm Cantata Rehearsal
Ladies’ Book Club meets at Country Club
10:00 am Christmas Cantata Rehearsal
Children/Youth Program Rehearsal – December 15
Carry-in lunch – December 16
Millikin University Choir Concert – January 6
DEACONS FUND – On Communion Sunday, members are asked to make a voluntary contribution to aid the distressed and afflicted of our community. Please consider a gift using the Deacons Fund pew envelopes.
Welcome Luncheon for Linda Riggins
CLCA is planning a ladies’ carry-in salad luncheon on Sat. December 1 at 11 with lunch served at 11:30 to welcome Linda. We are looking forward to this opportunity to get to know her better. Please bring a salad to share.
CPR and First Aid training will be held at the church on Saturday, December 1 at 9:00 am. This will include training for the AED which has been installed in the church fellowship hall. The cost for certification is $30 or you can learn the skills without certification for free.
Sunday is the first Sunday in Advent! The Devotional written by CPC members and Advent Calendars are available in Fellowship Hall.
The Christian Life Commission is having a carry-in lunch on Sunday, December 16 to celebrate the Christmas Program in place of the 5th Sunday. Ham, rolls and drinks will be provided. Please bring a dish to share.
The SUNDAY SCHOOL OFFERING is for the VCSC Backpack Program at Deming School to purchase additional food for the children to take home for winter break. Please donate generously in your Sunday School class or use the basket in fellowship hall.
Make your Christmas brighter by helping others! The Central Mission Committee has a Giving Tree set up in fellowship hall. Those who desire to assist the community and other outreach opportunities may take a gift tag with a gift need listed. These will include:
- HEMEfund sewing machines ($60) WHITE TAGS Checks payable to HEMEfund
- Donation to purchase gloves, scarf, socks & jacket for an Afghan child of a widow ($6) BLUE TAGS Checks payable to HEMEfund
- Donation to purchase gloves, scarf, socks & jacket for an Afghan widow ($10) YELLOW TAGS Checks payable to HEMEfund
- Donation to purchase food to feed 10 people at the Light House Mission ($20) GREEN TAGS Checks payable to Central Presbyterian Church Light House Mission food on memo line
- Hats and gloves for residents – men and women – of the Light House Mission (various prices) ORANGE TAGS
- Gift item (“mom” gifts – lotion, candle, picture frame, etc.) for the 14th and Chestnut Moms Matter group (various prices) RED TAGS
All items will need to be returned to the church unwrapped by December 16. Monetary donations should go to the church office.
The nationally recognized Millikin University Choir will be in concert in the CPC Sanctuary on Sunday, January 6 at 3:00 pm. A free will offering will be received.
The CPC Women’s Book Club will meet on Thursday, December 6 at the Country Club of Terre Haute. Brenda Green will lead the discussion of The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick.
Assisting for December 2:
Greeters: Fred & Nancy Rubey
Liturgist: Scott Paul-Bonham
Children’s Moment: Cheryl Moles
Ushers: Paul & Linda Shaw, Bill & Brenda Green, Fred Rubey, Murray Pate
Hosts: Lance & Brenda Weatherwax
Session Opening: Donna Paul-Bonham, Kevin Christ
Offering Counting: Bob, Susan
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Emmanuel Aouad 11/30; Donna Wilson 12/4; Julie Haan, Chuck Shutt 12/6
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 2, 2018, the First Sunday of Advent (Year C)
- Pastor – Rev. Mike Riggins: email@example.com
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: email@example.com
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: email@example.com
- Facility information/concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Hope – Linda Riggins – email@example.com
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: http://www.presbyteryov.org
Follow us on Facebook!