CPC e-news for November 10, 2017
5:30 pm Parents’ Night Out
9:30 am Sunday School – Presentation by Josh Powers
10:30 am Worship
12:30 pm Youth Group Rake and Run
11:00 am Family Prayer Group
11:15 am Church Staff Meeting
5:00 pm Deacons meeting
6:15 pm Youth Design Team
7:00 pm Session meeting
Dates for your planning calendar:
December 3 – Hanging of the Greens 4:00 pm
December 17 – Children’s Christmas Program 10:30 am
Josh Powers will be giving a presentation on Sunday, November 12 at 9:30 am about his experiences of climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in September. He invites you to check out his blog: https://kiliclimbjosh.wordpress.com/.
A bike rack has been installed on the north side of the church building. Please bring your own bike lock.
Attention all CPC Advent Devotion writers: submissions are due Sunday, November 12. Please email them to email@example.com today!
CLCA is holding a BABY SHOWER for James Andrew Howell Payne on Sunday, November 19 during the fellowship time. Cards and prayers are welcome. In lieu of gifts, the family requests donations of unwrapped baby items (bibs, onesies, socks, small blankets) for newborns to donate to the Valley Professional Community Health Center. Monetary donations should be payable to Valley Professional Community Health Center.
Birthday celebration! The family of Agnes Moles invites you to celebrate her 90th birthday during the fellowship time on November 26th. No gifts, please.
Greeters: Dan & Cheri Bradley
Liturgist: Brad Bough
Children’s Moment: Cheryl Moles
Hosts: Robin Danek, Steve Templeton, Sharon Danek
Session Open & Close: Brad Bough, Bob McLaughlin
Happy Birthday to:
John Cleveland, Claire Mang, Susan Moulton 11/12; Buddy Berry 11/13; Aspen Kershaw 11/15; Matt Guell, Bill Hogan 11/16; Alvin Stinnett 11/17; Jean Wilkinson 11/18
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, November 12, 2017, the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
- First Reading Joshua 24:1-3a, 14-25
- Psalm 78:1-7
- Second Reading 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Gospel Matthew 25:1-13
- Transitional Pastor – Rev. Kevin Buchanan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: email@example.com
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: email@example.com
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facility information/concerns – email@example.com
- Kids Hope – Donna Paul-Bonham – firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: http://www.presbyteryov.org/