CPC e-news for May 22, 2015
The Spirit came
and your Church was born,
in wind and fire
and words of power.
The Spirit came
blowing fear aside,
and in its place
weak hearts were stronger.
The Spirit came
as your word foretold,
with dreams and signs,
visions and wonders.
The Spirit came
and is here today,
to feed the hearts
of a world that hungers.
The Mission Committee is collecting items each month that will benefit community agencies. Please bring your donations and place them in the grocery cart in fellowship hall.
May- Personal Care Items
June – Food Bank
There will be a 5th Sunday carry-in lunch on May 31. CLCA will provide ham. Bring a dish to share and join us for a delicious lunch.
Bike and Build will be arriving in Terre Haute on the afternoon of Friday, June 12. Snacks, meals and shelter are provided for the 33 riders through Saturday morning. CLCA would like sponsors that cover the food expense of a rider at $12 each. Please add your donation to the offering plate or in the church office indicated that it is for Bike and Build. THANKS!
Sunday School classes meet each week at 9:30 am. Preschool – room 108; Elementary – room 202; Middle School and High School – room 201; Adults and Young Adults: Faith and Science – FH Classroom A/B Christian Parenting – FH Classroom C. Summer classes (combined elementary and combined youth) begin on June 7.
The Sunday School offering is money for milk at 14th and Chestnut. Bring your coins for a little fun while giving this year! The need is increased during the summer with higher numbers of kids at the Center and 2 meals served each day.
HEMEfund Worldwide will have a lunch and charity auction on June 7 at the Terre Haute United Methodist Temple (5301 S. US Hwy 41). Lunch service begins at 11:30 am with the auction to follow at 1 pm. The suggested donation for barbeque lunch is $8. Central is a co-sponsor of the event. Some of the auction items will be on display before the event.
Continue to bring the plastic caps and lids. They will be given to Art Totality or Lost Creek School for another bench.
Grab your running shoes and join VBS FUN RUN using the theme verse 2 Timothy 4:7-8a
(I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith…)
- June 14 – 18 from 6:00 – 8:30 pm at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
- Preschool class for three and four year olds
- 5 years through current 5th graders will learn through stories, crafts and more
- Youth serve as assistant leaders (talk to Tiffany G.)
- Bible Study class for adults held at the same time
- Childcare for infants and toddlers provided
- Registration begins on May 31st – bring your children, grandchildren, neighbors…
- Half-mile COLOR RUN for children, youth, and adults on last night!
- Monetary donations for supplies and snack foods
- Large package of napkins
- 5 oz. paper cups (300 total)
- 12 oz. paper or plastic cups (200 total)
- Wet wipes
Dates for your planning calendar:
May 24 – Pentecost; Kids Hope Sunday – Wear red! Pentecost offering received
May 31 – 5th Sunday Carry-in lunch
June 7 – HEMEfund Lunch & Auction (United Methodist Temple)
June 14 – Jonathan Rudy’s last day; farewell lunch
June 14-18 VBS
July 16-19 Youth Mission Trip to Buckhorn, KY
July 17-19 Adult/Family Mission Trip to Buckhorn, KY
Church Calendar for May 22-30, 2015
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
9:30 am Sunday School for all ages
10:30 am Worship; Pentecost
11:30 am Fellowship time – Kids Hope Kickoff
2:00 pm Jonathan Rudy Organ Concert
CHURCH OFFICE CLOSED
5/26-29 Sarah Kelsheimer on vacation
10:00 am Seekers & Searchers Women’s Bible Study
11:15 am Church Staff meeting
12:30 pm Personnel Committee meets
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Andrew Mardis 5/23, Fritz Pugh 5/24; Earl Rodgers 5/29; Cody Scherb 5/30
Reminders for Sunday, May 24
Liturgist: Al Holder
Children’s Moment: Leanne Holder
Greeters: Paul & Linda Shaw
Ushers: Keith & Monica Hawkins, Sean & Amanda Mang, Donna Wilson
Hosts: Mission Committee
Session Open & Close: Linda Shaw, Al Holder
Bus Assistant: Fred Simmons
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, May 24, 2015,
the Day of Pentecost (Year B)
HOW TO REACH US:
- Pastor – Lant Davis: Lant@thcpc.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: Cheryl@thcpc.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: Sarah@thcpc.org
- Youth Director – Tiffany Grossman: email@example.com
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organist – Jonathan Rudy: email@example.com
- Facility information/concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) website: www.pcusa.org