CPC e-news for June 3, 2016
ENTER THE TABERNACLE is the theme for summer Sunday School. There is one intergenerational class. All ages will learn and work together to discover how the design of the Old Testament tabernacle reflects God’s salvation plan and points to Jesus Christ. Gather in the Fellowship Hall classrooms at 9:30 am each Sunday, June 5 through August 7 (no class on July 3).
CHURCH LIBRARY NEWS – The Central Presbyterian Library collection is now available online to anyone with an internet connection! Link to: https://www.librarycat.
Check out procedures and materials for the library are on the table next to the adult library shelves in fellowship hall. The CN Library Subcommittee hopes that this will simplify the process and encourage the use of the adult and children’s section of our tremendous library.
UNDIE SUNDAY – June 5
The Mission Committee is accepting NEW underwear to be donated to 14th and Chestnut Community Center. Boys’ boxers and girl’s underwear in all sizes for kindergarten through 12 grade youth are needed. This includes children and adult sizes up to 2X. Place your donation in the shopping cart throughout the month of June.
A SUMMER OF SERVICE AT CPC Try one or more of these intergenerational service opportunities and learn what local agencies & people are doing to help those in need in this community!
Sponsor: Your CPC Mission Committee. More information will be in Fellowship Hall on Sunday and how to sign-up. Or contact a coordinator.
- Conner’s Ctr. for Women & Gary’s Place – June 11; 9-12pm 1201 S. 13th Street (former Booker T. Washington School)
Learn how this program serves women and is a refuge for young girls. Tour the facility and help clean the grounds. Coordinator: Linda Shaw
- Help a limited mobility Terre Hautian– June 14; 4-6pm 27th & Cruft
Cut front and back yards, trim hedges, and assist with other outdoor needs that she cannot do. Coordinator: Ernie Danek
- McMillan Adult Day Care – June 15; 1:15-2:45pm 486 1st Avenue
Meet some special people and see how social interaction and peer contact helps socially isolated or impaired adults. Coordinator: Marsha Harder.
- Habitat for Humanity House Build – July 9; 9am 2324 Arleth Street
Spend a day (or part of) helping on a home build project. Persons of all skills and abilities welcome. Coordinator: Sala Adama
- Meals on Wheels Ride Around – July 12; 10:30am – 12pm 300 S. 5th Street (Wabash Activity Center)
Ride with a veteran volunteer & learn how this program helps the elderly, disabled, sick & homebound. Coordinator: Nancy Edgerton
- Mollie Wheat Memorial Clinic – July 23; 8:30-1oam 1433 N. 6 ½ Street (Landsbaum Center)
See the free clinic in action and learn about how this important medical facility meets health needs. Coordinator: Josh Powers
Group trip to the Red Skelton Museum in Vincennes will be Wednesday, June 29. We will leave CPC at 10 am to tour the museum and have lunch. The cost is $10 for museum entrance and travel. Lunch is additional. Sign up in fellowship hall or talk to Cheryl Moles if you want to go.
Church Calendar for June 3 – 11, 2016
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
5:30 pm Parents’ Night Out
9:30 am Sunday School for all ages – intergenerational class
10:30 am Worship; Holy Communion; Rev. Scott Paul-Bonham
11:00 am Family Prayer Group
Bike and Build Overnight
7:00 pm Session Meeting
Dates for your planning calendar:
June 5 through August 7 – Summer Sunday School
June 8 – Bike and Build overnight
June 17-18 VBS
August 14 Sunday School Kick-off
August 28 Church Picnic
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Kathleen Smith 6/4; Pat Duffy, Nancy Johnson, Allison Harder, Marshall VanNahmen 6/5; Barbara Lehman 6/6; Sarah Kelsheimer 6/7; Katie Haan, Lucas Haan, Ryan Shepherd 6/8; Casey Powers 6/9
REMINDERS FOR SUNDAY, JUNE 5:
Liturgist: Brad Bough
Children’s Moment: Josh Powers
Greeters: Judy Lowe
Ushers: Bill & Brenda Green, Murray & Eunice Pate, Fred Rubey
Hosts: John & Susan Moulton
Session Open & Close: Joyce Cook, Don Lowder
Bus Assistant: Bill Green
- The church website is: https://www.thcpc.org
- Office Phone: (812)232-5049
- Office e-mail: CPCOffice@thcpc.org
- Pastor –
- Parish Associate – Rev. Scott Paul-Bonham: email@example.com
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: email@example.com
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: email@example.com
- Facility information/concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Hope – Suzanne Downs: email@example.com
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org