CPC e-news for June 26, 2015
ADULT MISSION TRIP to Buckhorn, Kentucky July 17-19
Help make a difference for one of the lowest income communities in America. Two ways you can help:
- Sign-up to come (located in Fellowship Hall or email Josh Powers: email@example.com). Service project options for all abilities, ages, and mobilities. Overnight accommodations air conditioned. Meal out on Saturday night at picturesque Buckhorn Lake Lodge. Church service Sunday in historic log church. Deadline to sign up: July 8.
- Donate items for the Buckhorn Church Thrift Store. Deliver to CPC June 12-17 (by 3pm when caravan leaves). Ideal items: household goods, children & youth clothing, baby items, small appliances, toys, costume jewelry, linens, blankets, towels, household knick knacks, fans, kitchen items, tableware.
For more information, see the display in Fellowship Hall or contact Josh Powers or Cheryl Moles. Youth will be on trip as well running their VBS. Parents, consider coming too!
The Mission Committee is collecting items each month that will benefit community agencies. Please bring your donations and place them in the grocery cart in fellowship hall.
June – Food Bank
The Wednesday Crafters meet each Wednesday from 10-2. Bring your own materials to work on for our fall bazaar, or help with ongoing projects. Bring your lunch, enjoy our day of fellowship, and “Whistle while you work!”
Summer Sunday School classes meet each week at 9:30 am. Preschool – room 108; Elementary – room 202; Middle School and High School – room 201; Coffee and Conversation – FH Classroom A; Exploring the Book of Confessions – FH Classroom B; Christian Parenting – FH Classroom C. There will NOT be Sunday School on July 5.
The Sunday School offering for milk at 14th and Chestnut continues. The need is increased during the summer with higher numbers of kids at the Center and 2 meals served each day.
Continue to bring the plastic caps and lids. They will be given to Art Totality for another bench.
The annual Terre Foods Blueberry Festival will be on Thursday, July 16 on the parking lot next to Central. Volunteers are needed for a variety of jobs; please contact Holly Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates for your planning calendar:
July 16-19 Youth Mission Trip to Buckhorn, KY
July 17-19 Adult/Family Mission Trip to Buckhorn, KY
Church Calendar for June 26 – July 4, 2015
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
9:30 am Sunday School for all ages
10:30 am Worship
Herald Articles due
11:00 am Family Prayer Group
10:00 am Bazaar Crafters
11:15 am Church Staff meeting
5:30 pm Deacons meet
7:00 pm Strategic Plan Review Committee
7:00 pm Women’s Book Club
Church Office Closed
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Scott Paul-Bonham 6/27; Jane Moulton, Nancy Rubey 6/29; Karl Irving, Ray Modesitt 5/30; Travis Rubey, Katie Salmeron, Michael Shaw 7/3; Matthew Mardis, Nancy McKee 7/4
Reminders for Sunday, June 28
Liturgist: Robert Guell
Children’s Moment: Susan Moulton
Greeters: Matthew Kim
Ushers: Donna Wilson, Mark & Bethann Smith, Max & Carolyn Payne, Lance & Brenda Weatherwax
Hosts: Barbara Lehman, Cyndee Jenkins
Session Open & Close: Susan Moulton, Susan Hoffman
Bus Assistant: Dave Rader
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, June 28, 2015, the Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
- First Reading 2 Samuel 1:1, 17-27
- Psalm Psalm 130
- Second Reading 2 Corinthians 8:7-15
- Gospel Mark 5:21-43
HOW TO REACH US:
- Pastor – Lant Davis: Lant@thcpc.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: Cheryl@thcpc.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: Sarah@thcpc.org
- Youth Director – Tiffany Grossman: email@example.com
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interim Organist – David Gibbs
- Facility information/concerns – email@example.com
- Kids Hope – Suzanne Downs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) website: www.pcusa.org