CPC e-news for July 8, 2016
On Communion Sundays members are asked to make a voluntary contribution to aid the distressed and afflicted of our community. Please consider a gift, using the Deacons’ Fund pew envelopes. The Deacons use the funds to provide bereavement meals, vouchers for utility bills, holiday food baskets and others ways to help the church family and the community.
CHURCH LIBRARY NEWS – The Central Presbyterian Library collection is now available online to anyone with an internet connection! Link to: https://www.librarycat.
Check out procedures and materials for the library are on the table next to the adult library shelves in fellowship hall. The CN Library Subcommittee hopes that this will simplify the process and encourage the use of the adult and children’s section of our tremendous library.
MISSION GIVING – Non-perishable food items for the United Campus Ministries Food Pantry will be collected in July.
A SUMMER OF SERVICE AT CPC Try one or more of these intergenerational service opportunities and learn what local agencies & people are doing to help those in need in this community!
Sponsor: Your CPC Mission Committee. More information will be in Fellowship Hall on Sunday and how to sign-up. Or contact a coordinator.
- Habitat for Humanity House Build – July 9; 9am 2324 Arleth Street
Spend a day (or part of) helping on a home build project. Persons of all skills and abilities welcome. Coordinator: Sala Adama
- Meals on Wheels Ride Around – July 12; 10:30am – 12pm 300 S. 5th Street (Wabash Activity Center)
Ride with a veteran volunteer & learn how this program helps the elderly, disabled, sick & homebound. Coordinator: Nancy Edgerton
- Mollie Wheat Memorial Clinic – July 23; 8:30-1oam 1433 N. 6 ½ Street (Landsbaum Center)
See the free clinic in action and learn about how this important medical facility meets health needs. Coordinator: Josh Powers
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
9:00 am Habitat for Humanity Work Day
9:00 am 7th Cents Youth Group Habitat for Humanity Work Day
9:30 am Intergenerational Sunday School
10:30 am Worship; Rev. Scott Paul-Bonham; Holy Communion
12:00 pm Youth Group cookout at the Weatherwax home
11:00 am Family Prayer Group and lunch
10:00 am Fine Arts Committee
7:00 pm Session meets
Dates for your planning calendar:
June 5 through August 7 – Summer Sunday School
July 19 – 23 Presbyterian Youth Triennium at Purdue Univ.
July 31 – 5th Sunday Carry-in lunch
August 7 Blessing of Backpacks
August 14 Sunday School Kick-off
August 28 Church Picnic
September 11 Holypalooza (Sept. 10 ServicePalooza)
November 4 & 5 Fall Bazaar
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Carol Cook, Megan Rader 7/8; Steve Templeton 7/9; Susan Hoffman 7/13; Andrew Green 7/14; Carla Bailey 7/15
REMINDERS FOR SUNDAY, JULY 10:
Liturgist: Kevin Christ
Children’s Moment: Donna Paul-Bonham
Greeters: Fred & Abby Simmons
Hosts: Ford family
Session Open & Close: Linda Shaw
- The church website is: https://www.thcpc.org
- Office Phone: (812)232-5049
- Office e-mail: CPCOffice@thcpc.org
- Pastor –
- Parish Associate – Rev. Scott Paul-Bonham: email@example.com
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: email@example.com
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: email@example.com
- Facility information/concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Hope – Suzanne Downs: email@example.com
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org