CPC e-news for July 6, 2018
10:30 am Worship
11:00 am Family Prayer Group
7:00 pm Women’s Book Club
5:00 pm Deacons meet
August 12 – Sunday School kick-off
August 26 – Church Picnic
Help Refugees and Immigrants in Indiana. The Mission Committee invites donations of toiletries, baby products, and household goods for immigrant and refugee families in need. See flyers in Fellowship hall or call the church office for specific needs. Items will be distributed at an event in Indianapolis on Sat., July 28. Bring items to CPC by Fri., July 27 at 12noon. If you would like to participate in the distribution, and learn/see first-hand about refugee and immigrant needs, contact Josh Powers (email@example.com; 812-239-3821). We will be leaving from CPC parking lot at 7:30am and return to TH mid/late afternoon; actual distribution is 10-1pm.
UNDIE SUNDAY is July 22 – As a part of Holypalooza, Servicepalooza has annual mission projects that are jointly held by the 4 ministries. An early project this year is to help local children with back to school needs by collecting underwear for the 14th and Chestnut Community Center. We want to provide NEW underwear for 125 children. Please purchase a package or two and bring to the church and place them in the red cart on or before July 22.
The needs are:
- Girl’s panties in cute styles (no briefs) in sizes 6, 8, 12, 14 and 16
- Boy’s boxers (no briefs) in sizes 6-8 and 10-12
- Monetary donations to purchase needed sizes (envelopes will be provided)
- Optional donations of boy’s no show socks and girl’s training bras would be appreciated
A 5th Sunday Luncheon is coming up on July 29th following the morning worship. CLCA will provide pork BBQ sandwiches. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share. There will be a presentation on Central’s history. Plan to join the fun and fellowship.
SUMMER CHALLENGE FOR KIDS -Children 12 years and younger may participate in an opportunity to get a free meal at Texas Roadhouse. Each child can pick up a bookmark for the event in fellowship hall. Read three books from the church library OR memorize three Bible verses (sent by email) by September 2 and you get a meal. A parent or Mrs. Moles has to verify that you have done the requirements. You take the bookmark to Texas Roadhouse and get a free kid’s meal. There are plenty of bookmarks to share with friends.
Liturgist: Alan Harder
Children’s Moment: Joe Harder
Host: Judy Duffy, Kathleen Smith
Session Open & Close: Joyce Cook, Donna Paul-Bonham
Bus Assistant: Brad Bough
Offering Counting: Fred, Bob
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Carol Cook, Megan Rader 7/8; Steve Templeton 7/9; Susan Hoffman 7/13; Andrew Green 7/14
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 8, 2018, the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
- Transitional Pastor – Rev. Kevin Buchanan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: email@example.com
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: email@example.com
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facility information/concerns – email@example.com
- Kids Hope – Donna Paul-Bonham – firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: http://www.presbyteryov.org
Follow us on Facebook!