CPC e-news for February 4, 2017
Ballroom dancing at CPC!!
Youth and adults are encouraged to come when they like and stay as long as they like. Child care is provided.
Participants are welcome to bring snacks or finger-food to share. This event is for young and old, singles and couples, and all that want to have a good time.
Join the youth group in providing help for the hungry of our community by participating in Souper Bowl of Caring.
1. A soup lunch will be held following worship. If you desire, please bring a crock pot of your favorite soup or dessert to share.
2. Financial donations will be received to assist a local food pantry
3. Canned soups will be collected for the Unity Presbyterian food pantry
Outgoing, New and Continuing members attend.
9:00 am Session and Deacons
6:00 pm Ballroom Dancing
8:45 am Choir rehearsal
9:30 am Sunday School for all ages (children’s music at 9:30)
10:30 am Worship; Holy Communion
11:30 am Souper Bowl of Caring lunch
11:00 am Family Prayer Group
5:30 pm Parents’ Night Out
Dates for your planning calendar:
Ash Wednesday Service at Central March 1
Lenten Educational Series – Each Sunday, March 5 – April 9
Easter – April 16
Spring Family Retreat at Pyoca – April 21-23
REMINDERS FOR SUNDAY, February 5
Liturgist: Scott Paul-Bonham
Children’s Moment: Scott Paul-Bonham
Greeters: Kyle & Valeri Kershaw
Ushers: Paul & Linda Shaw, Bill & Brenda Green, Fred Rubey
Hosts: Souper Bowl of Caring lunch
Session Open & Close: Alan Harder; Susan Hoffman
Bus Assistant: Fred Simmons
In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
PJ Ekstrom, Zoe Payne 2/4; Kevin Christ, Laura Redicks 2/6; Rowyn Holder 2/7; Ryan Giltner 2/8; Paul Fowler, Eric Mbah 2/9; Abbey Rader, Grace Ann Spencer 2/10
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, February 5, 2017, the Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
- Transitional Pastor – Rev. Kevin Buchanan: [email protected]
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: c[email protected]
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: s[email protected]
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: [email protected]
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: [email protected]
- Facility information/concerns – [email protected]hcpc.org
- Kids Hope – Suzanne Downs: [email protected]
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org