CPC e-news for December 15, 2017
7:00 pm 7th Cents Youth Group Christmas Party/Overnight at CUMC
8:00 am Youth Group Breakfast at CPC
9:00 am Christmas Program rehearsal for all children and youth
9:30 am Deacons meet
9:00 am Children & Youth Program music rehearsal
9:30 am Sunday School for adults
10:30 am Worship; 3rd Sunday in Advent; Children’s Program
NO CARRY-IN LUNCH
3:00 pm Marsha Harder’s Funeral at the church12/18
11:00 am Family Prayer Group
5:30 pm Worship Commission meets
5:30 pm Finance Commission meets
6:00 pm Mission Commission meets
6:15 pm Facilities Commission meets
Dates for your planning calendar:
April 27-29, 2018 Pyoca Family Spring Retreat
The children and youth of the church will present “The Music of Christmas” on December 17 during worship. They look forward to giving this gift to the congregation.
THE CARRY-IN LUNCH FOR DECEMBER 17 HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Please return items for the “Giving Tree” this Sunday.
KIDS HOPE – The Christmas Party at Deming School was wonderful. If you donated a gift, socks or hat & gloves, your gift was extremely appreciated. The children and their mentors were thrilled with the party. Thanks to Donna Paul-Bonham for her hard work to put it all together. You can see pictures of the event in fellowship hall.
The Christmas Eve Candlelight Service is at 7:30 pm on the 24th. Prelude music will begin at 7:00 pm. The 4th Sunday in Advent Worship will be at 10:30 am on the 24th.
The Worship Commission is in need of cookies for Christmas Eve fellowship. As you do your holiday baking, please set aside cookies to bring in on the morning of December 24.
Greeters: Dan & Cheri Bradley
Liturgist: Joyce Cook
Children’s Moment: N/A
Ushers: Jim Moles, Connor & Kendra Scanlon, Rachael Spencer, Donna Wilson, Cyndee Jenkins
Hosts: Bob & Mary McLaughlin
Session Open & Close: Lance Weatherwax, Joe Harder
Happy Birthday to:
Ryan Grossman 12/15; Monica Hawkins 12/17; Matthew Ford, Samuel Ford, Merri Kelley 12/22; Katlyn Powers 12/23
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 17, 2017, the Third Sunday of Advent (Year B)
- First Reading Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11
- Psalm 126:1-6
- Second Reading 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24
- Or alternate Second Reading Luke 1:46b-55
- Gospel John 1:6-8, 19-28
- Transitional Pastor – Rev. Kevin Buchanan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: email@example.com
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Director – Connor Scanlon: email@example.com
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facility information/concerns – email@example.com
- Kids Hope – Donna Paul-Bonham – firstname.lastname@example.org
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: http://www.presbyteryov.org/