CPC e-news for 6/27/14
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
God’s plans for your life far exceed the circumstances of your day.
Church Calendar for June 27 – July 5, 2014
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
9:30 am Sunday School
10:30 am Worship
11:30 am 5th Sunday lunch
12:00 pm Family Prayer Group
6:00 pm Summer Story Time
10:00 am Bazaar Crafters
11:15 am Church Staff Meeting
7:00 pm Women’s Book Club
Church Office Closed
Sunday School classes meet each week at 9:30 am. Preschool – room 108; Elementary – room 202; Middle School and High School – room 201; Adults and Young Adults: Coffee and Conversation – FH classroom A; History of Christianity – FH classroom B; Christian Parenting – FH Classroom C.
The Sunday School offering is money for milk at 14th and Chestnut. The Center is serving 100+ children plus 24 staff members. They are using about 5 gallons a day. Please give generously. Sunday School Superintendent, Sandy Mead, is offering a challenge – if we get $35 (all classes) or more a week in offering, there will be a milkshake party each month! Thanks for your generous giving.
There will be a 5th Sunday Carry-In Lunch on June 29 following worship. CLCA will provide chicken. Please bring a side dish to share.
Continue to bring the plastic caps and lids. They will be given to Art Totality for a second bench and to Unity Presbyterian for a bench.
Attention Crafters and those that enjoy fellowship – There is a crafting session for the Fall Bazaar is Wednesday, July 2 from 10 am to 2 pm.
Buckhorn Mission Trip
Thanks to those who have been reaching out about the Buckhorn, KY Adult Mission Trip. It is so exciting how this is developing. Information about it is on the Mission Committee display in Fellowship Hall. In brief, we leave at 3pm on Friday, July 11 and return late afternoon/evening on Sunday July 13. Please contact Josh Powers firstname.lastname@example.org; 812-239-3821 if you are interested in going. AND, we are eager for your donated items for us to bring to the Buckhorn Thrift Store:
- Clothing of all kinds and sizes from infants to adult XXXL
- Women’s PJs and nightgowns
- Any baby related items
- Kitchen items (dinnerware, silverware, glasses, baking pans, soup pots, potholders, or any other misc., things you would use in a kitchen)
- Small appliances in good working order
- Linens, tablecloths, blankets, towels & washcloths
- Household knick knacks
- Children’s toys
- Smaller items of furniture
- Costume jewelry
- Throw pillows/bed pillows
You may bring to the church starting Sunday July 6 or during the day that week following, up until we leave at 3pm on Friday, July 11.
Dates for your planning calendar:
Tuesdays in July – 6pm Summer Story Time
July 11-13 Adult Mission Trip to Buckhorn, KY
July 17 Blueberry Festival
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Scott Paul-Bonham 6/27; Jane Moulton, Nancy Rubey 6/29; Ray Modesitt 6/30; Kathleen Sego 7/1; Katie Guell, Travis Rubey, Michael Shaw 7/3; Nancy McKee 7/4; Cheryl Moles 7/5
Liturgist: Bethann Smith
Children’s Moment: Cheryl Moles
Greeters: Barbara Goltry
Ushers: Jon & Kirsten Ford, Todd & Beth Whitaker, Brad & Susan Bough
Hosts: CLCA – 5th Sunday lunch
Session Open and Close: Linda Shaw, Susan Moulton
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, June 29, 2014,
the Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
- First Reading Genesis 22:1-14
- Psalm Psalm 13:1-6
- Second Reading Romans 6:12-23
- Gospel Matthew 10:40-42
- Pastor – Lant Davis: Lant@thcpc.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: Cheryl@thcpc.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: Sarah@thcpc.org
- Youth Director – Tiffany Grossman: email@example.com
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organist – Jonathan Rudy: email@example.com
- Facility information/concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Intern – Jack Turman: email@example.com
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) website: www.pcusa.org