3 youth and 5 adults will be leaving on Thursday morning to spend a weekend helping the small community of Buckhorn, KY. The primary activity will be preparing and assisting with the leadership of their VBS on Saturday. As possible, some help will be provided to an elderly couple with severe plumbing problems in their home.
Help make a difference for one of the lowest income communities in America. How you can help:
- Donate items for the Buckhorn Church Thrift Store. Deliver to CPC June 12-15 by 3 pm. Ideal items: household goods, children & youth clothing, baby items, small appliances, toys, costume jewelry, linens, blankets, towels, household knick knacks, fans, kitchen items, tableware. Those traveling with the youth group have limited space, but will take whatever they can.
- Pray for the group traveling and working as well as those that live in the Buckhorn area
The Wednesday Crafters meet each Wednesday from 10-2. Bring your own materials to work on for our fall bazaar, or help with ongoing projects. Bring your lunch and enjoy our day of fellowship.
Summer Sunday School classes meet each week at 9:30 am. Preschool – room 108; Elementary – room 202; Middle School and High School – room 201; Coffee and Conversation – FH Classroom A; Exploring the Book of Confessions – FH Classroom B; Christian Parenting – FH Classroom C.
The Sunday School offering for milk at 14th and Chestnut continues. The need is increased during the summer with higher numbers of kids at the Center and 2 meals served each day.
The annual Terre Foods Blueberry Festival will be on Thursday, July 16 on the parking lot next to Central. Volunteers are needed for a variety of jobs; please contact Holly Hudson at email@example.com.
Dates for your planning calendar:
July 16-19 Youth Mission Trip to Buckhorn, KY
Church Calendar for July 10-18, 2015
For full church calendar, go to: https://www.thcpc.org
9:00 am High Ground rehearsal
9:30 am Sunday School for all ages
10:30 am Worship; Commissioning of those going on Mission Trip to Buckhorn, KY
11:00 am Family Prayer Group (no lunch)
6:00 pm Bread for the World meeting at UCM
10:00 am Bazaar Crafters
11:15 am Church Staff meeting
Parking lot closed for Blueberry Festival
9:00 am Youth Mission Trip departure from CUMC
11:00 am Blueberry Festival
KOINONIA PRAYER LIST: In an effort to keep the prayer needs of our family and friends off of the website, you will be receiving a separate email with the Koinonia Prayer List. The same distribution list is used for both mailings, so if you unsubscribe to one, you have for both.
Happy Birthday to:
Susan Hoffman 7/13; Andrew Green 7/14; Carla Bailey 7/15; Enzo Woodruff, Mia Woodruff 7/17; Suzanne Downs, Nate Taken 7/18
Reminders for Sunday, July 12
Liturgist: Steve Mead
Children’s Moment: Alan Harder
Greeters: Barbara Schmitt, Judy Duffy
Hosts: Warren & Mary Ann Clem
Session Open & Close: Don Lowder, Joyce Cook
Bus Assistant: Fred Simmons
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 12, 2015, the Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
First Reading 2 Samuel 6:1-5, 12b-19
Psalm Psalm 24
Second Reading Ephesians 1:3-14
Gospel Mark 6:14-29
HOW TO REACH US:
- Pastor – Lant Davis: Lant@thcpc.org
- Christian Educator – Cheryl Moles: Cheryl@thcpc.org
- Church/Financial Secretary – Sarah Kelsheimer: Sarah@thcpc.org
- Youth Director – Tiffany Grossman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Director – Mark Carlisle: email@example.com
- Interim Organist – David Gibbs
- Facility information/concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Hope – Suzanne Downs: email@example.com
Presbytery of Ohio Valley website: www.povpc.org
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) website: www.pcusa.org